Since 2001, the loan repayment exemption incentive for PTPTN borrowers has been implemented. It is given to all borrowers in Public Universities (UA), Polytechnics, and Private Higher Education Institutions (IPTS) who graduate with a First Class Bachelor's Degree or equivalent regardless of race and the borrower's financial background.
However, this incentive has only been limited to borrowers from the B40 and M40 groups. In contrast, the T20 group must be considered and implemented for borrowers who complete their studies from 1 January 2019.
Following the announcement by the YAB Prime Minister in conjunction with Jubli Perak 25 Tahun PTPTN Celebration Ceremony on 27 July 2022, this incentive has been extended again to all borrowers who obtained a First Class Bachelor's Degree regardless of economic status, race, and religion. It encourages all borrowers to study hard and get the best approval.
METHODS OF IMPLEMENTATION
All PTPTN borrowers who graduated on 1 January 2019 and were previously ineligible to apply for a First Class Bachelor's Degree repayment exemption can apply online at the PTPTN Official Portal.
The application period is open from 15 September 2022 to 31 December 2022. After that period, applications will only be accepted if those submitted within 12 months from the convocation date.
Repayment exemption conditions :
- Pursuing a Full Time Bachelor's Degree;
- Obtained a Bachelor's Degree with First Class Honors by IPT;
- Complete your studies within the stipulated period according to the PTPTN loan offer document;
- PTPTN education loan does not overlap with any other sponsorship;
- Courses/ Programs followed by borrowers at the Private Higher Education Institutions (IPTS) must obtain a Full Accreditation Certificate from the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) during the loan period; and
- Apply within 12 months from the convocation date.
Supporting documents to be included :
- Certified copy of First Class Honors Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (Scroll);
- Certified copy of examination results transcript;
- Certified copy of Accreditation from MQA (For IPTS borrowers);
- First Class confirmation letter (if the word "First Class" is not noted on the Degree); and
- Graduation confirmation letter (if the graduation date is not noted on the degree/ transcript).
A copy of the supporting document must be certified by an officer of the Management & Professional group (Academic Division or Records Management Division that issues the Degree at IPT) with a certification stamp containing the Officer's Name, Position, and Department Name.
For borrowers who have already made repayment, a refund will be made if their application for exemption is considered.
For FAQs, please click here
For application, please click here