The National Higher Education Fund Corporation (PTPTN) welcomes the incentives towards PTPTN borrowers through the presentation of the 2023 Budget by the Most Honorable Dato' Seri Anwar bin Ibrahim, Prime Minister and Minister of Finance under the theme 'Membangun MADANI Malaysia'.
The incentives given to PTPTN borrowers show the Government's commitment in supporting PTPTN's efforts as an agency under the Ministry of Higher Education (KPT) to ensure the welfare of borrowers and the sustainability of education loan funds for future generations.
The government has agreed to implement two (2) initiatives as follows :
- PTPTN loan repayment discount up to 20 percent for three (3) months starting 1 March 2023; and
- The granting of repayment deferral to borrowers with a monthly income of RM1,800 and below for a period of six (6) months. Application for deferment can be made from 1 March 2023.
IMPLEMENTATION OF PTPTN LOAN REPAYMENT DISCOUNT
The implementation of PTPTN loan repayment discounts of up to 20 percent effective from 1 March 2023 to 31 May 2023 covering four (4) categories as follows:
- 20 percent discount on the remaining debt for full settlement of the loan;
- 15 percent discount for settlement of at least 50 percent of the total outstanding debt;
- 15 percent discount for repayment through salary deduction or Direct Debit according to the repayment schedule; and
- 5 percent discount for refunds through the myPTPTN app.
All PTPTN borrowers include those who have been subject to enforcement action and recipients of Loan Advance Payment (WPP) are eligible to enjoy this incentive.
Borrowers who wish to make a full settlement of the loan or at least 50% of the remaining debt must verify the loan balance through the myPTPTN app or PTPTN official portal at www.ptptn.gov.my or contact the PTPTN Marketing Executive before making a refund through the payment channel that are available.
Borrowers who make repayments through salary deduction or Direct Debit are automatically eligible for a 15 percent discount. Meanwhile, borrowers who wish to make a salary deduction or Direct Debit can apply through the myPTPTN app or the PTPTN official portal at www.ptptn.gov.my. Borrowers can choose either or both channels to enjoy this incentive.
In addition, a 5% discount is also given for refunds made through the myPTPTN app. Borrowers can download the myPTPTN app through the "App Store" for iOS users, the "Play Store" for Android users and the "Huawei AppGallery" for Huawei users. PTPTN borrowers are required to go through a brief security arrangement process before they can access into this application quickly and safely. They can also access the myPTPTN portal by visiting myptptn.ptptn.gov.my.
IMPLEMENTATION OF PTPTN LOAN REPAYMENT DEFERMENT
The implementation of the loan repayment deferral are as follows :
- All borrowers who are in the repayment period and have a monthly income of RM1,800.00 (gross salary) below are eligible to apply for a deferment except borrowers who have participated in the Debt Management Programme (DMP) under the Agensi Kaunseling dan Pengurusan Kredit (AKPK) for PTPTN loans.
- Application for postponement can be made from 1 March 2023 through the PTPTN official portal at www.ptptn.gov.my.
- Borrowers need to complete contact details, employment details, upload the latest monthly income document and make a certificate of authorization on the details provided.
- PTPTN will inform the approval status via e-mail which is updated when the borrower makes the application within 14 working days after the application is received.
- Borrowers who are approved for deferment will be exempted from enforcement actions and legal proceedings throughout the effective period of the loan repayment deferment. Administrative costs or charges will not be imposed during the deferment period.
For any further questions, borrowers can get information through the FAQ Budget 2023 section on the PTPTN official portal.
Borrowers can also contact PTPTN through the following channels :
- Careline PTPTN at 03 – 2193 3000
(Operates from Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm)
- Live Chat at www.ptptn.gov.my
- e-Aduan at https://eaduan.ptptn.gov.my
- PTPTN Marketing Executive at https://www.ptptn.gov.my/pejabat-cawangan-ptptn
- Official Social Media @PTPTNOfficial