Exemption of Loan / Financing Repayment for Bachelor with First Class Honours
Eligibility and application conditions
• Open to undergraduates at public and private higher education institutes who obtained a first class honours (private higher education institute students must pursue courses with Accreditation Certification from the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, MQA).
• Students whose applications were approvedbefore 1 July 2005 are still eligible for the repayment exemption and there is no closing date for the above sponsorship.
• Students who complete their studies by obtaining a bachelor's degree with first class honours or equivalent from 1 January 2010 based on the approval of the senate and meet the following conditions are eligible to be considered for the incentive of converting the education loan into a scholarship:
o Took the course on a full-time basis;
o Completed their studies within the period stipulated in the PTPTN loan agreement;
o The PTPTN financing does not overlap with any other sponsorship;
o Students must submit a proper application to PTPTN within twelve (12) months of the date of graduation during the convocation; and
o The courses taken by students in private higher education institutes have been accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Document for repayment exemption application
Students who wish to avail themselves of this facility must submit an application to PTPTN by submitting the following documents:
• Official application letter
• Copy of bachelor's degree with first class honours or its equivalent as certified by the Academic Department of the public/private higher education institute concerned;
• Copy of the examination transcript certified by the Academic Department of the public/private higher education institute concerned;
• Student Declaration PTPTN-P-04/4-2007 Pin.3 (click here) which has been duly completed; and
• Copy of the Accreditation Certification from the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Note: All copies of documents and the letter of confirmation must be certified by a group A officer in the Academic Department of the institution concerned.