Who is eligible for the 1% Ujrah offer?
The offer to convert existing loans (3%) to 1% Ujrah financing is eligible to all existing borrowers who maintain a PTPTN loan balance at 1 June 2008 with the exception of the following cases:
- Borrowers subjected to law enforcement action.
- Borrowers who have breached previous loan agreements - (cancelled loans, failed in studies, quit studies and obtained another sponsor)
I am still studying and continue to receive the PTPTN loan. When will I receive the Ujrah offer?
You will be offered Ujrah upon your graduation.
I have only WPP balance. Am I eligible to apply?
You are not eligible for Ujrah.
What action should I take to enable me to be offered Ujrah?
A borrower needs to do the following:
- Register via the PTPTN website (www.ptptn.gov.my) using his identity card number and enter his e-mail address;
- Update the required information via the link sent to the borrower's registered e-mail address;
- Print and sign the offer document sent to the borrower's e-mail address; and
- Send the completed offer document (please refer to filling in guide) to PTPTN within 6 months of the date of offer.
When can the borrower begin to register and update information?
Registration and updating can be done by the borrower in accordance with the year of loan approval as shown in the following table:
Year of Loan Approval
Updating Start Date
2006, 2007 and 2008
20 September 2010
2003, 2004 and 2005
1 November 2010
2002 and the previous years
1 December 2010
When will PTPTN issue the Ujrah offer document?
The offer document will be issued on the 10th of every month. For borrowers who are registering and updating during the current month, the offer document will be issued on the 10th of the following month.
What is the basis of offering Ujrah?
The basis is as follows:
i. Total financing: Based on debt balance on 1 June 2008
ii. Effective date: 1 June 2008
iii. New repayment period: Balance of repayment period on 1 June 2008 based on the original loan
What is meant by debt balance on 1 June 2008?
Debt balance on 1 June 2008 means the principal amount as well as the administrative costs still outstanding after taking into account all the repayments made before 1 June 2008.
How is Ujrah calculated?
Total Ujrah = Total principal funding x Ujrah rate (1%) x repayment period (years)
I have tried to register in accordance with the schedule set but have been asked to update the information after 1 January 2011.
A detailed review of your existing loan account is necessary so that an offer is not mistakenly made. Nevertheless, the offer made remains in force on 1 June 2008.