PTPTN Education Financing Scheme was established for the purpose of providing education financing to students pursuing studies in local institutions of higher education.
This education financing will enable students to finance fully or partially the course fees and their cost of living for the duration of their study at the local institutions of higher education. Thus providing more opportunities for students to pursue study at the tertiary level.
PTPTN education financing facility is offered to students pursuing their studies at public (IPTA) and private (IPTS) institutions of higher education locally. This is in accordance with Section 2 of the PTPTN Act 1997 (Act 566) for institutions of higher education established under the:
• Universities and University Colleges Act 1971;
• Universiti Teknologi MARA Act 1976;
• Private Higher Educational Institutions Act 1996;
• Polytechnics established and maintained by the Minister under the Education Act 1996; and
• Any other higher educational institutions established or deemed to have been established under the Education Act 1996 and which is determined by the Minister to be a higher educational institutions.
The scope of education financing according to the level of education at IPTA/IPTS/Polytechnics are as follows:
|LEVEL OF EDUCATION||CATEGORY OF IPT FUNDED|
|Full-time Diploma||IPTA, Politeknik dan IPTS|
|Part-time Diploma||IPTA, Politeknik dan IPTS*|
|Distance Learning Diploma||IPTA|
|Advanced Diploma||IPTA dan Politeknik|
|Full-time First Degree||IPTA dan IPTS|
|Part-time First Degree||IPTA dan IPTS*|
|Distance Learning Full-time / Part-time Master's Degree||IPTA|
|Distance Learning Full-time / Part-time Doctorate||IPTA|
|Distance Learning Full-time / Part-time Professional Course||IPTA|
* Education financing specifically provided to students of UNITEM, UNITAR, Wawasan Open University and Asia E University.