What is the condition to apply for PTPTN education financing?
Education financing application conditions are as follows:
- Citizen of Malaysia;
- Does not exceed 45 years of age on the date of application;
- Been offered a place at IPTA/ IPTS and Polytechnic by fulfilling entry requirements determined by the Ministry of Education and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA);
- Course pursued must have registration approval from the Ministry of Education;
- For IPTS students, course pursued must have the Certificate of Accreditation from the MQA and still valid on the date of application;
- For a student who has other qualifications, verification must be obtained from the department or agency as stated above;
- Remaining period of study at time of the application should not be less than one (1) year;
- Has no other sponsor(s); and
- Has opened SSPN-i account.
Question 2 :
I have been offered to pursue a bridging/ foundation course at a Polytechnic. Am I eligible to apply for PTPTN education funding?
No, PTPTN does not offer education funding to students who attend bridging/ foundation courses at Polytechnics
Question 3 :
I have completed my Bachelor Degree with PTPTN financing. If I pursue study at Diploma level, can I apply for PTPTN financing?
No, second education financing can only be considered for students continue studying at a higher level.
Question 4 :
I have failed to complete my previous study. Can I apply for PTPTN financing to resume study at the same level?
Yes, you are allowed, provided that the previous financing has been settled.
Question 5 :
I have failed to complete my previous study and resume study at the same level without PTPTN financing. Can I apply for PTPTN financing for the next level?
For the category of students who terminate/ fail their studies at IPT, a second education funding will be approved if they resume studies at a higher level although they have yet to settle their outstanding debt.
Question 6 :
I wish to pursue Master's/ PhD/ a Professional Course at IPTS. Can I apply for PTPTN financing?
No, you are not allowed. PTPTN only provide financing for Master's/ PhD/ Professional Courses only at IPTA.
Question 7 :
I have been offered to attend part-time/ distance learning/ online distance learning courses at local IPT. Am I eligible for PTPTN financing?
Yes, you are only allowed to apply if you are attending part-time courses at IPTA and Polytechnics. Nonetheless eligible IPTS are as follow:
1. Open University Malaysia (OUM).
2. Wawasan Open University.
3. Asia E University
4. UNITAR International University (UNITAR).
Question 8 :
I have been offered to pursue foundation study at IPTS. Am I eligible for PTPTN financing?
Yes, if you pursue the study at:
1. Multimedia University (MMU).
2. Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN).
3. Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP).
4. Universiti Tun Abdul Razak (UNIRAZAK).
5. UNITAR International University (UNITAR).
Question 9 :
Does PTPTN offer financing to Integration level at Polytechnics?
Yes. PTPTN does offers.
Question 10 :
Can I apply for PTPTN financing for the twinning programme? This programme is conducted 2 years locally and 1 year abroad.
Yes, you are allowed. However, PTPTN only provides financing during the course of study in Malaysia.
Question 11 :
I am in my second semester and wish to apply for PTPTN education financing. Can I obtain financing from the first semester?
No, you are not allowed. The duration of financing is based on the semester of application. Should the application is made on the second semester, financing will be approved from the second semester onwards until completion of study.